To say the April 3rd event was a success would be putting it mildly, especially given the fact that when I arrived to set up at 7:30am, there was no electricity at the school (yup, no power = no lights = no people) !
Thankfully, NStar arrived on the scene and within minutes, we were back on the grid and gearing up for what turned out to be a great day with 60+ indie designers and a fabulous fashion show presented by Fashion With Impact.
In addition to NStar, a few people to thank:
- Heather MacNeil and her team at Fashion With Impact for putting together an inspired show featuring a rock solid collection of refashioned pieces. Heather's got the goods!
- Rebel Sound System and DJs Ill Wil, Saucy Lady, U-key, and Edo G for spinning fresh tracks all day long - you guys rocked!
- Autonomie Project for the fun design-your-own fair trade t's and high tops
- Wine Riot for giving away tix to their 2-day wine tasting extravaganza next weekend (for those of you around 4/18-4/19, you need to check it out!)
- And my dutiful "co-chair" Jana Dodoo for tasty treats (Good Stuff anyone?) and emotional support!